Results of cisplatin, adriamycin and etoposide chemotherapy in patients with recurrent and metastatic endometrial cancer

Bilgin T., Ozan H., Kara H.

EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF GYNAECOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY, vol.25, no.3, pp.379-380, 2004 (SCI-Expanded) identifier identifier identifier

  • Publication Type: Article / Article
  • Volume: 25 Issue: 3
  • Publication Date: 2004
  • Journal Indexes: Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), Scopus
  • Page Numbers: pp.379-380
  • Bursa Uludag University Affiliated: No


The efficacy of the combination treatment of cisplatin, adriamycin and etoposide were retrospectively evaluated in 26 recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer patients. One hundred and twenty-three treatment courses were observed. Patients received 20 mg/m(2) cisplatin and 80 mg/m(2) etoposide by continuous IV infusion for three days and adriamycin 40 mg/m(2) IV the second day. Treatment courses were repeated every four weeks. Megestrol acetate, 160 mg/day, was added in six patients who had positive progesterone receptors. Ten (38.5%) women had complete and three (11.5%) patients had partial response with an overall response rate of 50%. Median follow-up was 24 months. Surviving patients were alive for four months and six years. Toxicity was mainly hematological and gastrointestinal ulcerations and stomatitis were also observed.