Aim: The frequency of battery sallowing in children has increased recently. The swallowed batteries can be managed conservatively or extracted using magnet probe, Foley catheter, Magyll clamps, endoscopic and surgical methods. Our clinical experiences in the treatment of the swallowed batteries were presented in this study. Material and Methods: 37 cases were treated for swallowed batteries, between 2003-2009. There were 14 female and 23 male patients. Ages were between 10 months and 13 years. Three of the swallowed batteries were AAA size, two were AA and the others were button batteries. Thirty three of the batteries were below the diaphragm and the others four was above the diaphragm (esophagus) at abdomen X-ray. Thirty one of the patients were treated conservatively and batteries were spontaneously passed through the gastrointestinal tract between 6 to 210 hours (mean 50 horus). Removal of the batteries were done using endoscope (n: 1), magnet probe (n: 1), foley catheter (n: 1), laparotomy (n: 1) and magyll pence (n: 2) in six patients. One patient died from perforation of esophagus and thoracic aorta. Results and Conclusion: Most swallowed batteries passed through the gastrointestinal tract without any adverse effects within 3 days. In a few cases complications may occur. Endoscopic, surgical and magnetic extraction can be necessary for batteries which were lodged in the esophagus or GI tract.